The life that used to revolve around work and socializing almost every night has turned into this world revolving around a little human that can barely even hold up his own head. It's amazing how fast it changes and how welcome those changes are.
And it's true what they say...It will never be the same.
Here are a few things I've learned over the last 3 weeks:
1. Sleep is a great and wonderful thing.
2. Showering is definitely optional. No need to do something so frivolous on a daily basis.
3. Yawns are the cutest thing a baby can do.
4. Even baby farts are adoreable. The fact that they just slip out as if nothing just happened....fantastic.
5. Baby swings are one of the greatest inventions.
6. A mom can never get enough of watching their baby get all the attention in the world.
Luke's umbilical cord fell off on Monday so we decided to give him his first "real" bath tonight...He handled it incredibly well! The lotion-ing after the bath is what pushed him over the edge. And of course, we took the typical embarassing pictures. yay!
He sleeps with his hand touching his face. Every time he sleeps. It is so funny. And usually he has at least one arm reaching above his head. We have an ultrasound picture of him in the same position...I hope he keeps it up his whole life and I can use it against him when he is 17 and has his first girlfriend. I can't wait for embarassing story-telling time.
This is his favorite sleeping position. Please notice that his foot is above my arm. We started with hisl egs between me and my arm - he grunted and moved and moved until his foot was above my arm. In that weird kinked position. Happens every time. What a funny little boy.
I still have guilt that Cory has to go to work every day while I get to hang out. Pajama days are my favorite thing. I pretend they are Luke's too. :)