Wednesday, July 29, 2009

9 Months


Dear Lukey...

Well, you have been here with us now as long as it took to make you inside me....(minus one week but we won't go there). Let me tell you, 9 months of you went by way faster than 9 months of pregnancy!

When I look back at what our lives were like 9 months ago, it was so entirely different. The freedom...the late nights...the independence. I wouldn't trade you back for any of it!

You have gotten to be SO much fun. I swear in the last month you have just come into your own and are so your own person.

Here are a few things you learned this month....

growling. it is so funny - you just sit in the back of the car talking away to yourself and you throw in a growl every once in a while.
clapping. this one took you forever to learn!

you totally know who mom and dad are. whenever one of us is not around you don't stop saying the other person's name (when mom is gone you just say "mamamamamamama" and if dad is gone you say "dadadadadadadadada")

you LOVE your ball. and i mean LOVE. that's your other word - bahbahbahbah - that's how we know you want your ball

you love to drink out of water bottles and don't really care for your sippy cup

you still love amber probably at least as much as you love me and dad.

you force laugh. oh my gosh this might be my favorite thing. we start laughing (or amber walks in the room) and you force out this "ha. ha. ha." and then look back and forth between everyone in the room just to make sure we are all still laughing. it usually just makes us laugh harder, so it is a downward spiral.


We moved to a new apartment this month too. Our new place is about twice the size - you love having so much more space to crawl around and play. Moving with you around was quite the experience. I never realized how much STUFF you have! man alive. and you think you are so helpful...trying to pull everything out of the boxes I put them in. I really appreciated it....

I also left you for the first time this month. Well, for more than a few hours at least. Amber and I went to St. George for the weekend and I didn't see you for 3 whole days! Ok, well two half days and one whole day, but still. It was so long! I missed you like crazy...and slept until 10am every day. Which I loved.

As you can tell by the fact that we have only two pictures of the last month of your life, you can probably understand how busy we have been!

This picture I took of you makes me remind you of your dad. You are definitely just like him!

We love you lots and just love watching you learn and grow!
Love, Mom & Dad

2 comments:

The Gruwells said...

i love this... he is so big. i miss you!

Brittina Christen said...

That is SOOOO adorable!
You have such a beautiful family!!!!