Friday, September 11, 2009

a day worth remembering


8 years ago today, I was sitting at the kitchen table getting ready for my jr. year of high school. We got a phone call from my grandma (totally weird at 7am). She told us we had to turn on the tv...i remember turning it on thinking it must have been an accident and what on earth could have caused a plane to hit one of the twin towers. Then the 2nd plane came...... I remember being so confused, nervous...I don't even know how to explain it. Just in awe.

Complete Shock.
The thing I remember the most, was the few days and few weeks later. The feeling of complete patriotism running rampant through our country. How odd, it seemed, to have the ENTIRE nation on the same side. The decent-human-being-side. I so entirely wish that I could thank each and every soldier who has given their life, their time, and their energy in keeping our country the free. We are all indebted to those soldiers forever.

My heart goes out to those who lost their fathers, sons, daughters, mothers, sisters, brothers and friends because of the heinous actions of others.


I get teary-eyed just thinking about that day.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn Flanagan said...

I was there just two months before they were hit and then when they were, I thought all my friends were playing a joke on me because I was in LOVE with NYC...they weren't. I was there shortly after they were hit and the mood of the whole city had changed. Everybody was more caring and much kinder. There was a sense of commodore that I think has been lost in the past 8 years. I love the men and women who fight for our freedom daily.