Monday, January 10, 2011

ostriching

I was ostriching all week last week.

(def: to ostrich. meaning to metaphorically bury one's head in the sand and hope that by the time you return, the world has passed you by)
.


This is how you know when life is too busy:

Chick-fil-a becomes a staple in your diet. And the wrappers sit on the table for at least 4 hours before being cleaned up. I wish I was exaggerating.

Megablocks and shoes and dirty clothes block the path to your bed. that is so covered in clothes you almost can't sleep on it.
(whoever thought giving a 2 year old blocks for Christmas apparently doesn't have to live with said blocks...or said 2 year old.)

Oh the bathroom. The joyous and terrifying bathroom. I have no words.
And yes, that is a jar of olive oil and a half-eaten bag of Cheetos sitting on the counter.
Don't judge.

The worst part is that these are the pictures I wasn't too ashamed to publish.
Now just imagine what I was too scared to reveal.



*On a happy side note, our house is not longer in the aforementioned condition. I toted the toddler off to the Megablock Gifter and had the house to myself for a few hours. It's amazing what can be accomplished without a 2 year old undoing everything behind you.

4 comments:

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

I freaking miss Chick-Fil-A. Oh and I am sure we could all post pics of our crazy homes as well.

Melissa P said...

I feel your pain! It is so hard to keep up with all the stuff these toddlers get out and leave behind! It's a never ending mess!

McCall said...

i'm glad you're back! we need to go to dinner or something! chick-fil-a?? ha. don't you love/hate that they're in american fork now. :)

Tyler & Katy said...

haha, this how my house is and Reagan can't even move around it yet!! haha, I can't wait to not work so I can actually keep it clean!!