Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dear Sister



It was your birthday yesterday - I hope it was great! Now to reminisce about birthday's past...

Starting with the original - there are only things that I vaguely remember, like that I was somewhere between excited and pissed to have another girl in the family - I could have ruled the roost as the only sister if it wasn't for you! Ha. Or I could have fun sharing my toys and shoes with you. Looking back, I'm happy you weren't just another boy.

There are many birthdays that passed that I am sure I wasn't even nice to you. Remember that time in life when we hated each other? And we lived in COMPLETELY different worlds? That went on for way too long. I played with Barbies, you pretended you were Magic. Magic ate Barbies - hence the beginning of the hatred. ha ha

I am sorry for all of those years I let go without cherishing and celebrating every passing year with you. I am sorry for missing your 18th birthday - the biggest one of them all. I am sorry for missing your graduation - another huge moment in life. I am sorry for screaming and yelling when you wore my shoes without asking, and then stealing yours the next day.

I love you very much sister. You are my greatest friend. You make me laugh like no one else. You make me feel comfortable with being weird. Because you are always one level of weirdness above me. You are beautiful and smart and wittier than I will ever be.

I hope your birthday was as spectacular as you wanted it to be! Welcome to the "adult" world.


and yes megan evans - another blog about one person. you won't hate it so much when it's your turn to be the focus! :)

5 comments:

Amber said...

AWW SIS!! thanks!! I had to try really hard not to cry during that because there are people around. And you made my birthday very great!

and one of those pictures looks like im kind of questioning the cake.

The Emerys said...

We definitely should get together sometime. Maybe after Christmas when everything gets so boring. I dont even know where you live actually but it would be so great to see you and Luke.

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

K I totally remember when you hated Amber....sorry Amber it is true. BUT I always enjoyed you because you loved Max alot (is he still alive?) glad you arent a hater still Megan! ha :)

Kaitlyn Flanagan said...

I expect to be the next spotlight on your blog. Ok just kidding...but seriously. Oh, and birthday celebration was so fun! Thanks for inviting me to all the family stuff!

Amber said...

Michelle,
yes max is still alive and well for the most part, I always liked you best though because you loved the dogs when everyone else shunned them to whatever level of the house they weren't on...