Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dickinson

(this is the face you get when holding a camera and he says CHEEEEESE!)

Charles M. Dickinson once said:


They are idols of hearts and of household!
They are angels of God in disguise;
The sunlight still sleeps in their tresses,
His glory still gleams in their eyes;
These truants from home and from Heaven,
They have made me more gentle and mild;
And I know now how Jesus could liken
The kingdom of God to a child.


I read this today and it reverberated in my soul. It caught me at a quiet moment, as I sat here enjoying the peace while Luke is asleep.

I often revel in nap time, find myself wishing it would last longer, thinking that I love him most when he is asleep. (He's just so peaceful and sweet...)

It made me realize how lucky I am to be his mother, to be the person he will look up to and (hopefully) cherish all of his life.
"I know now how Jesus could liken the kingdom of God to a child..."

3 comments:

Amber said...

I love this and the picture of cute Luke.

Today I was explaining Max to him and he said "Am sad, no more sad!" and he wiped tears off my face. He could not be a better little kid.

Melissa P said...

I love that! So glad you posted it- Luke is such a cutie! Wish we lived closer so I could bring Leath down for a playdate!

Kelsey M. said...

Love the picture, and that quote is beautiful! frame worthy in a nursery in fact. :) you're getting me excited to be a mom. 28 more weeks. haha